We can now confirm that a new regional vaccine centre has been set up at Boldon House next to Lidl in Pity Me near the Arnison Centre.
This is fantastic news for our area and will help us to get vaccinations ramped up.
We have been in discussions with the Council to make sure that the site is run as smoothly as possible and there are no local traffic or parking issues. We will be monitoring this as well.
The NHS and Council have reported the following after our discussions:
- The car park at Boldon House will be used for all vaccination centre patients and there will be ample free parking onsite.
- They will be asking people driving to only come no more than fifteen minutes before their appointment, so we can keep traffic flowing in and out of the car park.
- They will have marshals in the car park to keep traffic moving and ensure that parking is easy and quick.
- There will be a drop off service onsite for family members and taxis.
- They have been working with public transport providers to ensure that people who wish to come by public transport understand how they can do so safely.
- They will be providing alternative parking for the vaccination centre staff so that they do not look to park in adjacent streets or business car parks.
- Vaccinations will be by appointment only and everyone eligible for a vaccination will be invited in due course according to priority group.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO FOLLOW THE LOCKDOWN RULES.
Rates in our area are falling which is great news but they could spike at any time.